Kalispell Regional Healthcare CNA Private Care in Kalispell, Montana
Provides personal care to client under the direction and supervision of the Home Options Private Care supervisor. Promotes client independence and safety in the home setting by performing personal and household services, and other related tasks identified in the service plan. Serves as an ambassador to all Home Options Departments.
- Demonstrates proficiency in basic personal care skills. Client Care Personal * - Includes but not limited to:
• Toileting and perineal care
• Empty Foley drainage bag
• Temperatures, blood pressure, pulse and respiration as assigned
• Dental and oral care
• Hair, nail, glasses, hearing aid care
• Care of dying patient
• Provide companionship by reading, talking, listening and performing related psychosocial activities.
• Transporting the client as requested.
• Remind the client to take medications as appropriate.
• Assist with application of slings, elastic bandages and Ted hose.
• Uses safe techniques when assisting with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and transferring clients into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc. Use of gait belt or Hoyer lift if appropriate.
- Demonstrates proficiency in all housekeeping functions; meal prep, food storage, light housekeeping to maintain a clean environment, etc. and laundry. Client Care Household * – Includes but not limited to:
• Changes bed linens
• Clean Bathrooms
• Clean Kitchen
• Washing dishes
• Taking out trash
Takes initiative in finding things to do when the household tasks are complete.
Completes home visit competency successfully.
Promotes a safe and therapeutic environment for the patient while respecting the patient's home and personal property.
Demonstrates the ability to work independently as appropriate.
Requests additional instruction or clarification as needed.
Demonstrates dependability, responsibility, and flexibility with the scheduling process and confirmed working schedule.
Assists with the care of the dying patient. Is aware of the family/caregiver or other individuals living with the patient and interpersonal issues.
Assists with care of patients that are infants through the life span to geriatrics.
Reports client changes to the Supervisor.
Completes home visit competency successfully
Team work with Private Care Staff *
*Maintains regular and consistent attendance at work as scheduled by department
*Job duties denoted with an asterisk are classified as Essential Job Functions. Employees in this position must meet the physical demands required to perform the Essential Job Functions. See Occupational Health Services Job Analysis & Physical Demands Summary for more information.
Disclaimer – Not all-inclusive – other duties as assigned. Every effort has been made to make this position description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are all the only duties required. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position.
Certified Nursing Assistant with current Montana CNA license.
Current HS AED CPR Certification preferred
High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Current Montana Drivers License, minimum of liability insurance, and clean driving record required.
Ability to read, write, follow written instructions, and briefly document care and services required.
Experience with caring for the elderly preferred.
Requisition ID 2018-3886
Category LPN / CNA / CMA / MA
Pay Period Status PRN
Schedule PRN Rotating