Kalispell Regional Healthcare Laundry - PRN or As Needed - Environmental Services Technician in Kalispell, Montana
PRN or per diem employees are scheduled AS NEEDED. There is no set schedule or required hours for this position.
If you are interested in a flexible schedule working days and hours that fit with your needs and availability, please apply to this position.
Logan Health is hiring Environmental Services Technicians for our Laundry department.
Interviews will explore and determine the best fit for you based on your preference.
If you are interested in either opportunity, please apply to this position.
Washer, Puller, Sorter position is primarily responsible for sorting of soiled linen and the timely removal of linen from the washer and dryer.
Wash Tech is responsible for performing the prescribed procedures in handling and washing soiled linen (must be at least 18 years of age).
Washer, Puller, Sorter
• Prioritizes job functions to maintain proper workflow.
• Timely removes wet linen from the washer per department procedure.
• Timely removes dry linen from the dryer per department procedure.
• Appropriately loads machines by weight and linen type.
• Stocks assigned linen carts for appropriate departments in a timely manner.
• Responsible for processing dried linen by hand and/or folding machine.
• Empties lint filters as required. Empties large lint filters in mechanical room per department procedure.
• Performs as Laundry Aide, Transporter, and/or Wash Tech as needed.
• Identifies the need and performs duties without specific direction.
• Assists other members of the Environmental Services Team by filling in on other positions (either in housekeeping or laundry) as needed.
• The above essential functions are representative of major duties of positions in this job classification. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs. Other duties may be assigned similar to the above consistent with knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job. Not all of the duties may be assigned to a position.
Takes appropriate care in handling of the soiled linen.
Uses the proper cart for sorting.
Sorts soiled linen into proper categories.
Uses appropriate carts for soiled and clean linen.
Uses correct formulas and programs.
In a timely manner loads soiled linen into the appropriate washer, removes wet linen from washers and dried linen from dryer.
Distributes linen to the service area in par level amounts in a timely fashion.
Cleans equipment and facility as requested.
Documents daily poundage.
Proper and safe handling of laundry chemicals.
Orders chemicals as needed.
Monitors rewash and institutes directives to address and correct excesses
May be required to fill in as Laundry Aide, Wash Puller/Sorter or Delivery Driver.
*Maintains regular and consistent attendance as scheduled by department leadership.
Washer, Puller, Sorter
• Previous commercial laundry experience preferred.
• Proficiency in the English language required. Must be able to read, write, speak and listen effectively.
• Possess ability to follow written and oral instructions required.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and with a diverse customer and coworker population.
Ability to read and write English required.
Ability to follow written and oral instructions required.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Job Locations US-MT-Kalispell
Requisition ID 2021-10534
Category Support Services
Pay Period Status PRN
Schedule Scheduled As Needed - PRN (per diem) - No set schedule
Position Type PRN (Per Diem)