Golden Bull Marketing, LLC Logistics Manager in Kalispell, Montana
Logistics Manager - Job description
Department: Logistics Location: USA
Reports to: VP, Sales Operations Working hours: 40 hours
Work type: Full-time; Exempted Compensation Grade: Salary
The Logistics Manager oversees the end-to-end logistics of domestic shipments out of Sunjoy and Golden Bull Marketing warehouses to fulfill both customer experience and cost effectiveness objectives. This important role bridges the communication gap between Order Management teams, Freight Forwarders, 3PL Warehouses and the customers’ contracted carriers.
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to balance day-to-day domestic logistics management and strategic planning. You are capable of triaging order level issues regardless of root cause, comfortable carrying out quantitative analysis to streamline logistics processes and are highly collaborative across different stakeholders via phone, email and web portals.
Day-to-day domestic logistics management
• Manage end-to-end coordination of all domestic shipments. Be on top of all issues with regards to domestic logistics
• Oversee and monitor daily domestic logistics scheduling. Work in close collaboration with assigned 3PLs and carriers to ensure pick-up punctuality
• Plan workload and notify Shipping team ahead of time in the case of expected delay of incoming carriers, or shipment volume peak
• Track and trace shipments of high priority and maintain high visibility at all times
• Resolve issues related to Bills of Lading and Packing Slips.
• Assist Order Management CSR in answering inquiries that the customers may have regarding domestic shipments
Strategic planning on domestic logistics
• Measure Ocean, 3PL Warehouse and Transportation spend across business divisions and provide detailed freight analysis, related to forecast vs. actual and other metrics.
• Monitor and update routing guides to meet ongoing needs of retail customers and 3PL Warehouses
• Identify and implement process improvements that lead to an increase in customer experiences, business efficiencies, and cost savings
• Lead monthly savings initiatives reviews related to domestic logistics. Track projected/actual savings or costs.
• Participate in Monthly 3PL KPI meetings and analyze Quarterly Business Reviews for Supply Chain improvement and issue resolution
• Develop and report financial and operational performance metrics to measure efficiency and effectiveness of Logistics team
• Analyze and derive actionable insights for continuous improvements
Key qualifications [Working experiences, knowledge, skills and attitudes]
• Hands-on experiences in logistics planning and execution
• Collaborative; able to build consensus among global cross-functional teams
• A problem solver; driven by both quantitative and quantitative justification
• Proven ability and willingness to coach and empower subordinates under supervision
• Proven computer proficiency (MS Office - Word, Excel, Power BI, and Outlook). MS Excel includes data manipulations, formulas, pivot tables, graphs, reporting etc.
• APICS certification, Certified Six Sigma Black Belt or related-certification considered a plus
Related organization structure
• Manager: Vice President, Sales Operatoins
• Direct report: Logistics Coordinator
• External interactions: 3PL Warehouse teams, Customers’ traffic reps, assigned carriers
• Internal interactions: Order Management, Asia Logistics, Supply Chain, Customer Service and Accounting
Key performance indicators (KPIs) - subjects to annual target review with Manager
• Monthly volume of domestic shipment pick-ups
• % Punctuality of shipment pick-ups
• Cost-saving initiated from Land logistics unit
• Achieve development goals set for each individual under own supervision