Flathead County LPN Clinic Nurse in Kalispell, Montana
Flathead City-County Health Department
Job Code: 13820
LPN CLINIC NURSE
DEFINITION: Under supervision of the Community Health Center Clinic Manager, provides clinical support to patients, providers and support staff to assure efficient utilization of staff, services and time management. This role will perform work as a licensed practical nurse and provide case management, nursing services, client flow assessment, education tasks for clients and staff and may be involved in policy development and adherence as required.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (The following are intended to illustrate typical duties; they are not meant to be all inclusive or restrictive.)
1. Assist providers and clinical staff in direct patient care to include but not limited to treadmills, IV’s, blood draws, family planning and other nursing duties as assigned.
2. Provide client case management and disease specific management services.
3. Assist in the development, review and revision of policies, procedures.
4. Provide phone and client triage.
5. Oversee clinic flow and make adjustments when necessary when filling in for RN
6. Coordinate with other clinical staff in ordering of supplies, vaccine, etc.
7. Provide educational services to patients and staff as needed.
8. Provide staffing backup for front office and Medical Assistants.
9. Assist with the development and adherence for Patient Centered Medical Home.
10. Adherence to HIPAA principals.
11. Performs related duties as required or directed.
Graduate from an approved School of Nursing with degree or certificate as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
Experience in primary care setting and experience in triage, both by phone and in person.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge and Skills:
Working knowledge of nursing practices related to acute and chronic complex medical conditions
Knowledge of current medical standards in primary care and family planning;
Knowledge of current immunization standards;
Knowledge of principles of case management and motivational interviewing;
Knowledge of HIPAA confidentiality requirements and practices;
Knowledge of OSHA standards in clinical settings;
Knowledge of community resources for patient referral;
Knowledge of Patient Centered Medical Home
Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
Ability to analyze data;
Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of all Health Center matters;
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, other agency personnel and the public;
Ability to manage clinic flow:
Possession of an unencumbered current license to practice as a licensed practical nurse in the State of Montana.
Acceptance of Family Planning philosophy, concepts and practices.
Possession of a Montana motor vehicle operator’s license.
Para-professional (Grade 5)
Action Date Reference
Adopted 7/10/2008 Commissioners’ Minutes
Revised 12/20/2012 Commissioners’ Minutes