Applied Materials Material Project Manager III - (B3) in Kalispell, Montana
Forecasts and communicates engineering, materials, and manufacturing requirements to suppliers. Provides input to outsourcing decisions by performing make versus buy analysis. Coordinates demand signals through MRP to minimize inventory exposure.
Forms Materials Core Team and coordinates product development process deliverables through matrix management of buyers, planners, and production control. Collaborates with engineering team to interpret engineering requirements.
Under some supervision, creates, releases and updates new project materials strategy.
Sourcing: Assists in supplier price and delivery negotiations; under direct supervision may negotiate contracts as necessary. Utilizes the preferred supplier selection and assessment process when selecting suppliers. Completes supplier risk assessment on critical and unique parts. Monitors supplier performance (delivery, quality, cost).
Materials: Coordinates activities around source selection, specification creation and price negotiation with appropriate team members.
Executes commercialization (transition) materials plan).
Manages materials change control process. Meets cost objectives and resolves quality issues. Generates and publishes Key Process Indicators . Tracks total landed costs targets.
Works with engineering to identify preliminary critical parts, long-lead parts and inspection requirements. Assists in developing supplier and commodity road maps to engineering. Utilizes value analysis on build-to-print components in support of Should Cost analysis.
Actively mediates and partners with quality and engineering teams to resolve supplier quality issues for assigned product groups. Escalate issues to Commodity Business Managers when necessary.
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
Years of Experience:
7 - 10 Years
Yes, 10% of the Time
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.