Kalispell Regional Healthcare Regional Director of Finance in Kalispell, Montana
This position is responsible for providing strategic and tactical guidance and leadership for regional business entities assigned, as well as identifying, collecting, analyzing, and maintaining data sources to evaluate issues that support prospective regional business decisions, mergers and acquisitions. Provides budgeting, cost analysis, productivity, financial analysis, and maintains and fully utilizes the software systems used to support those functions. Responsible for Data Integrity oversight, leadership, management, training, and supervision of the regional finance staff.
Management Job Duties:
Drive organizational objectives by operationalizing changes and initiatives effectively and efficiently. Proactively anticipate both the needs of KRH and the impact operations has on the organization’s success. Collect and analyze data, prepare and present recommendations, and explain associated benefits and risks for improving operations.
Demonstrate and further develop competencies in the areas of leadership, financial management, employee engagement, human resources knowledge, organizational dynamics and governance, organizational communication, strategic planning, change management, risk management, compliance, patient safety and quality improvement. Demonstrate professional ownership, self-development and a desire for life-long learning.
Serve as a role model for others by exhibiting the KRH core values: integrity, compassion, service, excellence and ownership. Lead and influence the team to provide outstanding customer service. Develop and foster relationships with other KRH leaders, departments and members of the team to support open communication, trust, transparency and collaboration.
Creates a supportive department culture by fostering individual motivation, coaching and training for optimum job performance. Collaborates with Human Resources to develop, implement and support programs and processes that add value to KRH, its leadership and employees. Leads to improve culture, employee and physician engagement, empowerment, growth and retention, while remaining committed to KRH’s management and prosperity for its customers, employees and community.
Job Specific Duties:
- *Performs Regional Cost Accounting / Decision Support / Financial Analysis / Proforma Preparation to include, but not limited to:
· Researches, analyzes, identifies, and evaluates data from internal systems to existing and potential trends and issues.
· Possesses and maintains a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of KRH business, products, programs (including provider data, networks, etc.), corporate organizational structure (including functional responsibilities), and basic research principles/methodologies as related to mergers and acquisitions.
· Assists in the management and monitoring of multiple projects simultaneously by establishing project plans and objectives to ensure goal attainment within defined parameters.
· Communicates results of analysis to management via reports/presentations and assists management in implementing programs that provide solutions.
· Recommends, communicates, and implements solutions to identified problems/root cause of issues.
· Provides expertise and guidance to regional and corporate staff as required. Represents and participates in group or committee discussions. Provides “hands on” as well as directing staff.
· Responsible for preparation and synergy of identified and/or newly acquired mergers and acquisitions.
*Responsible for provision and integration of financial cost accounting data to meet informational needs of internal and external regional users. Aggregates and monitors cost information for all regional entities.
*Acts as advisor to provide decision support and product-line analysis to the regional entities. Provides professional support for value improvement, cost management and clinical efficiency by utilizing the cost accounting system to measure, analyze, monitor and report status of the consumption of resources. Assists with clinical reports to benchmark and compare regional clinics/physicians.
*Prepares ProFormas, forecasts, and analysis of special projects. Prepares specialized financial reports for regional entities on an on-going basis.
*Assists in preparation and analysis of regional departmental/product line analysis. Assists with periodic cost accounting analysis. Interacts with CFIO, System Finance Director and other Senior Management. Assists with regional entity/departmental financial forecasts and budgets as needed.
*Directs regional staff on preparation of annual departmental operating and/or capital budgets and works with departmental leadership as needed.
*Collaborates with consultants and Revenue Cycle Department on strategic rate increase planning. Coordinates with others for adding new clinics, cost centers, and charge master items.
*Performs regional budget variance and productivity reporting. Oversees regional operating budget process which includes, but is not limited to;
· Ensures regional entities adhere to budget time line.
· Reviews budget data with regional departmental leadership which includes; assumptions, historical financial data, department staffing data and statistics.
- *Directs variance reporting process for assigned regional KRH entities. Process includes, but is not limited to;
· Conducts regional operational analysis throughout the year.
· Develops and implements turnaround initiatives throughout year.
· Assists regional department leadership with inquiries from System Finance Director, Administrator and Chief Financial Officer concerning variances.
· Monitors biweekly and monthly regional productivity metrics for assigned KRH entities.
*Leads, educates, directs and develops regional department leadership in areas to include, but not limited to; productivity reports, tools available to assist with variance explanations, investigation of variances from budget (prior year and benchmarks data as applicable), investigating and implementing turnaround staff changes where required.
*Assists leadership with regional variance explanations to System Finance Director and CFIO. Ensures explanations are submitted on a timely basis.
*Coordinates the activities of financial planning with the long-range priorities developed in collaboration with Chief Financial Officer and other executive leadership.
Other duties as assigned. This position description in no way states or implies that these are all the only duties required. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position.
*Job duties denoted with an asterisk are classified as Essential Job Functions.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business required. Minimum of five (5) years’ hospital analytical or finance experience required. MBA and/or CPA preferred.
Minimum of five (5) years’ leadership experience required. Proven leadership skills, including effective interaction with executives and peers.
Must possess project management skills. Must be able to effectively manage project timelines and stay on-target in meeting deadlines, while providing high quality work.
Strong PC skills with demonstrated competence with Microsoft Office Suite required. PowerPoint skills for presentations required. Meditech experience highly preferred.
Demonstrated ability to perform quality, detailed, accurate, dependable work on complex problems, while working courteously and respectfully with others.
Expert understanding of financial concepts, ratios, cost accounting, proformas, budgeting and valuation methodologies required.
Possess a work style that fosters credibility by developing loyalty, teamwork, and respect at all levels in the organization, as well as with consultants and other outside parties. Must be able to interact well and communicate with all levels of personnel, including presentation of technical concepts to non-technical audiences. Must be able to effectively communicate: verbally, listening, and in writing.
Must possess the skills necessary to effectively plan, prioritize, organize, analyze, execute, and implement programs, processes, procedures, and systems as required for successful completion of the job activities. Must be able to work under pressure for prolonged periods, meet deadlines, and work extra hours as required.
Job Locations US-MT-Kalispell
Requisition ID 2020-8568
Category Accounting / Financial Services
Pay Period Status 80
Schedule Monday - Friday and weekends as needed
Position Type Full Time (Benefits Eligible)