Laurel Public School Cook in Laurel, Montana
A Food Service position is available with Laurel Public Schools. This is a Level III position, 7 hours a day, with a starting wage of $14.11 per hour.
• Prepares, serves and distributes daily meals for the district.
• Cleans and sanitizes all equipment used to prepare and distribute school meals.
• Ensures all serving materials, utensils and counters are sanitized daily.
• Uses safe practices and demonstrates proper use of kitchen equipment.
• Keeps work areas clean, neat, sanitized and safe.
• Ensures that all equipment in the cafeteria area is in safe, working condition and notifies maintenance and/or Food Service Director when repairs are needed.
• Collaborates and cooperates with all other kitchen staff to create a productive, composed and safe work environment.
• Participates in providing assistance and direction to Cafeteria Assistant staff.
• Oversees and participates in the cleaning of the kitchen and related areas.
• Responsible for receipt of food shipments to the school.
• Only minimum duties are listed. Other functions may be required as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Previous experience with quantity food preparation and service.
• Ability to write, read, and comprehend written/verbal instructions and correspondence.
• Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, and the community.
• Able to express himself/herself clearly and concisely in both oral and written communications.
• Able to perform duties with an awareness of all District requirements and Board policies.
• Ability to handle stressful situations and effectively manage time and responsibilities.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 1, 2021
To apply for this position, please go to www.laurel.k12.mt.us, click on the Employment button. For questions, please call (406) 628-3360.
Applicants must have a complete application before they will be considered for the position. Applications must be completed before the job closing deadline. A complete application consists of the completed application including all questions answered, job history, at least two references (one reference must be from a supervisor). References from friends or family are not sufficient. Resume, cover letter, and a copy of unofficial transcript(s), are acceptable and required for teaching and professional positions. Verification of military service is required if applying for veterans preference.
If you are an internal candidate (current employee) you would only be required to complete the internal application and any required documentation that you do not have on file.
Date Notice Posted: July 20, 2021
The purpose of this Notice of Job Listing is to advertise a job vacancy.
It does not in any way represent an employment contract.
LAUREL SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 7 & 7-70 IS AN E.E.O. EMPLOYER