Laurel Public School Instructional Coach in Laurel, Montana
The Laurel School District is seeking qualified applicants for the position(s) of Instructional Coach.
• BA/BS Degree in Elementary or Secondary Education.
• Valid Montana Teaching Certificate with proper endorsement(s).
• Preferred endorsement in Reading or English
• An understanding of theories of literacy, including the diagnostic teaching of reading and reading intervention.
• Minimum of 3 years experience working with adult learners, coaching teachers, and delivering professional development
• Minimum of 3 years experience in analyzing data and using results to modify curricula, write reports, and effectively communicate data in written and oral form.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to inquiries from students, parents, staff, and community.
• Ability to handle stressful situations and effectively manage time and responsibilities.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Serve as a member of the District Literacy Team.
• Work closely with the teachers, administrators and the District Instructional Team to strategically create and implement a plan to increase student achievement in all content areas.
• Work with teachers individually to provide individual and group instruction and other appropriate learning activities designed to teach skills required using the course of study adopted by the Board of Trustees enabling each child to reach their greatest educational, physical, emotional and social potential.
• Support the development of high-quality/effective ELA instruction in all schools, grades K-12; observe and coach developing ELA teachers to improve instructional planning, teaching practice, and the use of data, assessment, and instructional technology.
• Work with various teams (administrators, teachers, teacher leaders) to facilitate analysis of data provided by diagnostics, common assessments, and formative assessments.
• Work collaboratively with the school personnel to advise directors and teachers on developing instructional strategies and intervention programs for struggling students.
• Collaborate with the District Instructional Team to plan and deliver pre-service summer professional development for new and returning staff members aligned to high priority initiatives and outcomes in the area of literacy.
• Communicates effectively with students, parents, district personnel and school board members.
• Accepts and effectively completes other responsibilities regarding the operation and progress of the school and/or district.
• Reports cases of suspected child abuse according to state law.
• Complies with Board policies, rules, regulations, and directives.
Only minimum duties are listed. Other functions may be required as assigned.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED First Review 10/13/2021
To apply for this position, please go to www.laurel.k12.mt.us, click on Employment under Quick Links. For questions, please call (406) 628-3360.
Applicants must have a complete application before they will be considered for the position. Applications must be completed before the job closing deadline. A complete application consists of the completed application including all questions answered, job history, at least two references (one reference must be from a supervisor). References from friends or family are not sufficient. Resume, cover letter, and a copy of unofficial transcript(s), are acceptable and required for teaching and professional positions. Verification of military service is required if applying for veteran’s preference.
If you are an internal candidate (current employee) you would only be required to complete the internal application and any required documentation that you do not have on file.
Date Notice Posted: 10/8/2021
The purpose of this Notice of Job Listing is to advertise a job vacancy.
It does not in any way represent an employment contract.
LAUREL SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 7 & 7-70 IS AN E.E.O. EMPLOYER