Laurel Public School Middle School Assistant Principal in Laurel, Montana
The Laurel School District is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Middle School Assistant Principal, beginning the 2021-2022 school year.
• Master’s degree in educational administration
• Current Montana Administrator’s Certificate
• 5 Years Teaching Experience
• Administrative Experience Preferred
General Professional Responsibilities:
1. Conducts himself/herself in accordance with the ethical guidelines established for the applicable administrative profession as established by the respective national and state professional organizations.
2. Demonstrates a commitment to his/her on-going professional development.
3. Dresses in a professional manner.
District Leadership Responsibilities:
• Demonstrates thorough, aggressive and enthusiastic leadership and follows through on the district’s mission and goals.
• Actively participates in the development of district programs, policies and procedures.
Assistant Principal Responsibilities:
• Assist the Building Principal to establish goals and provide overall direction for his/her school.
• Assist the Building Principal to ensure the development, implementation and evaluation of programs, which are targeted as the school’s goals.
• Establishes and promotes positive, high expectations for student achievement and behavior.
• Monitors and assesses to improve the performance of staff assigned to him/her.
• Manages the day-to-day operations of the school’s programs, physical plant, budget resources and building inventory.
• Demonstrates ability to reach, communicate and implement logical conclusions and quality decisions.
• Demonstrates ability to recognize and deal with the needs, concerns and problems of others.
• Demonstrates abilities to create relationships among and between the school, students, parent/guardians and community.
• Utilizes discipline procedures that are consistent with district guidelines and policies.
• Performs other duties as may be assigned by the superintendent and/or Building Principal.
Only minimum duties are listed. Other functions may be required as assigned.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 31, 2021
To apply for this position, please go to www.laurel.k12.mt.us, click on the Employment button. For questions, please call (406) 628-3360.
Applicants must have a complete application before they will be considered for the position. Applications must be completed before the job closing deadline. A complete application consists of the completed application including all questions answered, job history, at least two references (one reference must be from a supervisor). References from friends or family are not sufficient. Resume, cover letter, and a copy of unofficial transcript(s), are acceptable and required for teaching and professional positions. Verification of military service is required if applying for veterans preference.
If you are an internal candidate (current employee) you would only be required to complete the internal application and any required documentation that you do not have on file.
Date Notice Posted: May 21, 2021
The purpose of this Notice of Job Listing is to advertise a job vacancy.
It does not in any way represent an employment contract.
LAUREL SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 7 & 7-70 IS AN E.E.O. EMPLOYER