Century Companies, Inc. Construction Surveyor/Project Engineer in Lewistown, Montana
CONSTRUCTION SURVEYOR/ PROJECT ENGINEER Classification: Exempt/Full Time Compensation: Wage is negotiable depending on qualifications and experience. Reports to: Project Manager /Operations Manager Work Location: Montana/North Dakota/Wyoming Date created: 1/4/2023 *Position Objective: This position provides surveying, surface modeling, machine control setup, engineering and management support to the Project Manager and Division Manager in managing various construction projects. The position will have a heavy emphasis on survey/layout and machine controls for grading/paving operations. Essential Functions: Responsible to assist in the management and coordination of all aspects of a project, including:*
- Acquiring design files from engineer/owner, downloading design files and assisting with implementation of those files into machine control files for use in the field.
- Check in on control points and set up of project survey/ GPS machine control
- Installation and trouble shooting of GPS grade control systems on various pieces of construction equipment
- Work in programs such as Topcon Magnet Office, Trimble Business Center, Agtek or AutoCAD
- Project scheduling and coordination with subcontractors, material suppliers, general contractor and other trades
- Managing subcontractors and material suppliers
- Reviewing and tracking of job budgets and daily productions
- Maintaining project records, documentation and correspondence
- Managing fuel reporting
- Coordinating tool and equipment tracking
- Obtaining required permits
- Coordinating and tracking deliveries of equipment, materials, forms, etc.
- Assisting in performing the work as necessary
Engineering or surveying degree with 1-3 years of experience in Construction or a related field required.
Good understanding of surveying principles, construction layout and grade control with survey equipment.
Licensure as a Professional Land Surveyor is NOT REQUIRED.
Prior experience with Topcon or Trimble GPS survey equipment preferred.
Proficiency with survey instruments such as GPS, data collectors, levels, robotic total stations.
Display an uncompromising focus on safety by properly following company policies and OSHA/MSHA/DOT/DEQ regulations for safe working procedures and protection of the environment.
Computer literate - Microsoft Office including Excel experience preferred
Must require minimal supervision
Must be able to perform with or without accommodations and be available to travel in Montana, North Dakota and Wyoming.
Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
Be willing to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures,