Dean Foods Company Order Picker/Load-FLCert-Cool in Malta / Great Falls, Montana
Meadow Gold in Great Falls, MT has an immediate opening for a Loader for the night shift. Shift hours and days (4 days a week) are: Sunday 5:00pm/3:30am, Monday 5:00pm/3:30am, Wednesday 5:00pm/3:30am, Thursday 5:00pm/3:30am. We offer a starting salary of $18.36 an hour, and full scale is $21.60 an hour. We also offer an additional $3.08 an hour into a pension, and a 401(k). Additionally, you will find we have an EXCELLENT BENEFIT PACKAGE, to include Dental, Vision, Health, Short Term Disability, Accrued vacation, sick leave, and MORE! If interested, and if you want to work for a national brand, apply today. We look forward to meeting with you.
Job Description & Requirements
The order assembly picker/loader is responsible for picking orders, palletizing, loading and unloading products and/or cases, and working any station or line that is assigned. The order assembly picker/loader works anywhere in the Load-out/Freezer/Cooler areas that may be assigned.
* Responsible for pulling products for customer orders.
* Perform freight handling using appropriate motorized and manual equipment (when certified).
* May use hand-held tracking device
* Mark the paperwork properly when making adjustments for product shortages.
* Keep accurate records on load sheets, inventory sheets, scrap sheets, and computerized equipment.
* Ensure proper code date rotation.
* Report any mechanical problems such as bad wearstrips, plugged or missing lube nozzles, spacer stop malfunctions, palletizer malfunctions or conveyor breakdowns.
* Report any product/packaging issues.
* Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
* Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information.
* Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP's.
* Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
* Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
* Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
* Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
* 6 months related in manufacturing environment.
* Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
* Minimum 6 months recent experience operating a forklift in a high efficiency environment.
* Forklift Operator Certification required
* Must be able to pass a written and driving fork lift skills test
* Must be able to sit and/or stand and drive for virtually the entire shift.
* Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
* Must be able to work in an environment where temperature is maintained at 35-40 degrees Fahrenheit.
* May have exposure to allergens.
* Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
* Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
California applicants, click here for information regarding the data collection notice for California Consumer Privacy Act.