University of Montana Admissions and Career Services Coordinator, Alexander Blewett III School of Law in Missoula, Montana
The* Alexander Blewett III School of Law* invites applications for the Admissions and Career Services Coordinator(Administrative Associate III) to provide administrative and programmatic support for two functional areas in the School of Law, Admissions and Career Services.
This position is responsible for providing daily management of the programs as well as the maintenance of data and generation of reports; performing routine maintenance of both the Admissions and Career Services sections of the law school’s website; and providing general assistance for both Directors, such as organizing events, ordering refreshments/meals, processing travel documents, running errands on and off campus, routing mail, filing, correspondence and data entry.
- Coordinate the creation and assembly of various written materials—advertisements, brochures, and PowerPoint presentations—for recruiting activities.
- Schedule and prepare itineraries for prospective and admitted student visits, requiring scheduling tours with student ambassadors, approving classroom visits with faculty, arranging meetings with the admissions office and planning other activities as requested by the visitors.
- Coordinate Admissions/Recruiting events including, but not limited to Information Days, Admitted Students Day and the Introductory Program. Includes scheduling rooms, arranging refreshments, décor, preparation of handouts, etc.
- Manage prospective students, applicants, and admitted students with ACES2 (Admissions software), including entering and updating data, sending correspondence, and preparing reports.
- Open files for new students which includes entering student data into the UM database, Banner, and ensuring student files are complete at the time of matriculation.
- Attend and represent the School of Law at recruitment fairs/events around the state and region as needed (some travel/weekend work required).
- Manage job announcements, presentations, resources, surveys, etc. for UM Law within the Career Services Management (CSM) software.
- Provide student and employer training on the use of CSM software.
- Organize two annual interview weekends. Includes posting positions, scheduling interviews, reserving rooms and providing professional service to students and employers (may require some weekend work).
- Act as a liaison between students and employers who wish to hire.
- Organize career planning workshops, coordinating logistics and working with guest speakers.
- Gather and maintain employment statistics for current students and graduates.
- Publish a Career Services Newsletter and create other written materials for promoting and executing placement activities.
- Maintain Career Services library, bulletin boards, and other resources.
- Assist students with resume/cover letter preparation and review when the Director is unavailable.
General Event Support
- Provide backup support to the Director of Communications and Events as needed and as available throughout the year on programs and events, including but not limited to: coordinating logistics, promotions, registration, décor, participant materials, etc.
This position requires incumbent to develop working knowledge of ACES2, CSM software, and Banner; and develop expert knowledge of Excel; develop working knowledge of the law school recruiting process and calendar; develop working knowledge of regular legal employers and senior Montana Bar members; develop working knowledge of legal resume/cover letter preparation; and develop working knowledge of the legal education curriculum, extra-curricular opportunities, and the general culture at Blewett School of Law.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with students, faculty, staff and practicing attorneys.
- Ability to maintain professionalism while answering phones, speaking to individuals in person, on the phone, and by written correspondence.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to coordinate and create promotional materials including print, online, and social media.
- Confident in ability to learn and utilize software packages—specifically, Banner, ACES2 law school admissions software, CSM software, Cascade content management system, and graphic design programs.
- Ability to plan, organize, promote and execute presentations and events.
- Ability to problem-solve, prioritize, multi-task and set and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Proficient in MS Word, internet and Outlook email, PowerPoint, Adobe Reader, scanner, fax machine, copy machine, multi-line phone.
- Knowledge and experience with social media.
Minimum Required Experience
- High school diploma (or equivalency) in addition to three (3) years of closely related experience; or any combination of experience and education that provides the competencies necessary to successfully handle the duties and responsibilities assigned to the position.
- Degree in Marketing, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, Communications, or similar field.
- Strong computer skills, including expertise in Excel.
- One (1) to two (2) years’ experience in online data maintenance and reporting.
About the Alexander Blewett III School of Law and the UM
The Alexander Blewett III School of Law at the University of Montana prepares students for the people-oriented practice of law by integrating theory and practice in a competency-based curriculum; serves as the academic legal center in Montana; and contributes to the development of national, state, and tribal law and legal institutions through teaching, scholarship, and service.
In pursuit of this mission, the Blewett School of Law strives to:
- Develop in its students the demonstrated ability to serve society as lawyers, to represent clients generally and in particular transactions, and to seek resolution of conflicts in appropriate forums;
- Foster intellectual inquiry, knowledge of the law, fundamental professional skills, perspective on the role of law and lawyers in society, and the character and values necessary to serve society;
- Support scholarship and provide professional service to Montana, tribal governments and communities, the nation, and the international community;
- Emphasize those areas of law significant to the Rocky Mountain West, including natural resources, environmental, and Indian law; and
- Promote among students, faculty, and the profession a sense of community enriched by a diverse group of people devoted to freedom of inquiry and freedom of expression.
The University of Montana provides a culture that values hard work, intellectual curiosity, diversity, collegiality, innovative thinking, and teamwork, making it a great place to grow and develop professionally. The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its essential values of innovation and creativity, impact, openness, and partnership.
Position Title: Admissions and Career Services Coordinator (Administrative Associate III)
Position Number: 078600
Department: Alexander Blewett III School of Law
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year
Salary: $13.265/hr– Current employee’s rate of pay for this position will be determined by the staff compensation plan and may be different from the posted salary.For questions and details regarding the staff compensation plan, email the Compensation Department.
Union Affiliation: MPEA
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include: Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's PreferenceReasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date:*Sunday, May 20, 2018*
Complete applications received by this date will be guaranteed consideration. Application review will begin on Monday, May 21, 2018 and continue until the position is filled. To receive full consideration, candidates are required to submit all of the following materials online via "New Resume/CV" button below
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related the stated required skills for the position.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience.
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Need additional help? Check out our UM Jobs FAQ website.
Job Location: Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code: 1961-254