QBE The Americas Claims Specialist-Crop -All Locations in Missoula, Montana
Deliver prompt and accurate claims service to policyholders and agents for both multi-peril crop insurance (MPCI) and crop hail claims by completing field inspections, communicating with involved parties, performing investigations, determining appropriate adjustments and administering insurance policies to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations. Partner with Field Claims Manager to ensure effective and efficient claims operations.
* Distribute and direct losses and claim tracking for defined territory or agency base to support delivery of effective customer service and claim resolution and ensure team alignment with business goals
* Accurately document, process and transmit loss information in order to determine potential damages associated with difficult and complex claims
* Provide overflow support to Compliance Department of quality control audits for Federal Crop Insurance Corporation (FCIC and Crop Hail)
* Complete field inspections, reviews and adjustments by reading maps and aerial photos, measuring fields and storage bins, and appropriately administering company crop insurance policies. Ensure compliant and cost effective application of crop policies by leveraging knowledge of insurance statues and regulations and complying with state and federal regulatory requirements
* Provide effective and timely communication with agencies in defined territory on claim status and other inquiries
* Build and maintain relationships with customers by providing timely an accurate policy service, answering questions and communicating adjustment determinations
* Coach claims adjusting team by supporting and mentoring team members and providing advice and feedback to guide the success of the team and meet service level expectations
* Provide information and feedback regarding the quality of agent business and/or policy files of regional claim operations to maximize profit and quality of business
* Deliver classroom and field training programs for claims technology applications and crop programs ensuring effective educational resources for clients and alignment of training services with key stakeholders expectations
* Participate with internal committee to develop global claims technology solutions that support business need
* Attend National Crop Insurance Services (NCIS) regional and state committee meetings to make business aware of any legal issues or changes that will impact the business
* Contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating cultural expectations and influencing others to reward performance and value can do people, accountability, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity and fun
High School Diploma/GED
5 years relevant experience
* Evaluate project outcomes through analyzing current state and desired future state
* Utilize effective communication channels for both external and internal customers
* Handle complex claims using a logical approach
* Provide adjusters detailed instructions for claim procedures and company policy
* Support implementation of company strategies
* High attention to detail
* Solve day-to-day problems, using critical thinking
* Train others on process and procedures
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
* 5 years experience in MPCI and Crop Hail claims experience
Crop Adjuster Proficiency Program (CAPPP); per State Requirements
* Working knowledge of claims administration best practices and procedures
* Understanding of local, state and industry standards (NCIS)
* Understanding of relevant laws and regulations across multiple jurisdictions
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, general computer software and database systems
QBE Cultural DNA
Everything we do at QBE is underpinned by our DNA (which interlinks seven cultural elements) - because we know it's not just what we do that matters, it's how we do it that makes the difference. We expect all employees to role model and inspire the right behaviours that link to our cultural elements:
*We are customer-centred
*We are technical experts
*We are diverse
*We are fast-paced
*We are courageous
*We are accountable
*We are a teamAll employees are expected to adhere to QBE's Code of Ethics and Conduct and apply sound risk management practices
US Only - Travel Frequency
Frequent (approximately 10+ trips annually)
US Only - Physical Demands
Field agents: Work is generally performed in both an office environment and remote external environments that may present exposure to adverse environmental conditions dependent on customer location. Must have the ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time. Must be able to operate basic office equipment including telephone, headset and computer. Must be able to walk on uneven ground, climb, bend, stoop, use a step, crawl and/or kneel. Incumbent may be exposed to environments that present hazardous weather, chemicals and/or animals. Incumbent must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
US Only - Disclaimer
To successfully perform this job, the individual must be able to perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
The duties listed in this job description do not limit the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the duties normally to be performed in the position or those occasionally assigned outside an employee's normal duties.Our Group Code of Ethics and Conduct addresses the responsibilities we all have at QBE to our company, to each other and to our customers, suppliers, communities and governments. It provides clear guidance to help us to make good judgement calls.
Number of Openings:0
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The companies of QBE North America are committed to equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, citizenship, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. All personal information contained in this application will be kept confidential as required by law.