LifeNet Health Tissue Recovery Specialist - Part Time Variable in Missoula, Montana
**Category:** Transplant & Tissue Services
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Vet. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Tissue Recovery Specialist
Location: Missoula, Montana
Department: LNH-NW Tissue Recovery
Job Type: Part Time- Variable Schedule
Shift: 8:15 am -5:00 pm M - F for office hours (dependent on the call schedule) 7:00 am - 7:00 am 24 hour on-call schedule. Holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed.
LifeNet Health is searching for talented individuals who will embrace our mission of saving lives, restoring health, and giving hope .
LifeNet Health, headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia, is the largest nonprofit organ procurement organization ("OPO") and tissue processor in the United States, as well as a leading innovator in tissue engineering and regenerative medicine. Our goal is to improve the quality of human life through the provision of organs, tissues and cells for transplantation; to provide innovation in the fields of bio-implants, regenerative medicine and research; and, to serve the community with educational and support services that enhance the donation process. LifeNet Health has over 1200 employees and has a growing global presence.
How you will contribute to LifeNet Health's success:
As a Tissue Recovery Specialist, you will be performing all assigned tasks related to successful completion of tissue recovery operations. Recovers human tissues for transplant and research following established LifeNet Health and client policies and procedures. Assists in organizing recovery teams and may perform the role of trainer and/or preceptor for new tissue recovery employees. Actively participates in a rotational on-call schedule to adequately cover needs of the recovery site operations. Maintains a professional appearance and attitude at all times while representing LifeNet Health.
What you'll do:
- Recovers basic and advanced tissues for transplant and research following LifeNet Health and client Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), including appropriate donor reconstruction .
- Performs a thorough physical examination of the potential tissue donor and review of medical records. Ensures concurrent, accurate and thorough completion of assigned LifeNet Health donor chart documentation and quality reviews .
- Assists in the onboarding and training of new tissue recovery staff members as a trainer and/or preceptor to maximize the donation opportunity and ensure compliance with departmental procedures and industry standards/regulations .
- Performs administrative office duties such as ordering, stocking to ensure continuity of recovery operations; seeks, evaluates and makes recommendations for improvement and cost savings opportunities .
- Responsibly and accurately reviews tissue donor disclosure/authorization documents and confers with team members pertaining to its verification .
- Organizes teams and prepares supplies for case activity .
- Transports or arranges for transport of recovered tissues, blood samples and/or cultures to LifeNet Health or other client facilities .
What you'll bring (Minimum Requirements):
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid State Driver's License
- Two ( 2 ) years work experience
These would be nice too (Knowledge Skills and Abilities):
- Ability to follow LifeNet Health and client procedures and industry regulations
- Ability to work as part of a team to accomplish tasks, in solving problems and executing improvement initiatives
- Ability to communicate effectively to team members, management, other LifeNet Health staff and outside agencies involved in the donation process
- Ability to motivate self in completing assigned tasks and proactively seek out opportunities for self and organizational improvement.
Why work at LifeNet Health?
We have a fierce drive for our mission of Saving Lives, Restoring Health, and Giving Hope. You won't find another company with a culture as strong as ours.