Billings Clinic Transfer Center RN in Montana
You’ll want to join Billings Clinic for our outstanding quality of care, exciting environment, interesting cases from a vast geography, advanced technology and educational opportunities. We are in the top 1% of hospitals internationally for receiving Magnet® Recognition consecutively since 2006.
And you’ll want to stay at Billings Clinic for the amazing teamwork, caring atmosphere, and a culture that values kindness, safety and courage. This is an incredible place to learn and grow. Billings, Montana, is a friendly, college community in the Rocky Mountains with great schools and abundant family activities. Amazing outdoor recreation is just minutes from home. Four seasons of sunshine!
You can make a difference here.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
Transfer Center RN
PATIENT FLOW CENTER (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Shift: Day, Evenings, Nights, Weekends
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 0.90 = 72 hours (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE
Responsible for the flow process involved in, answer phone calls, facilitating acceptance and triage of phone calls though the transfer center Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic’s mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Consistently uses protocols to medically triage patients to the appropriate level of care. Consideration is given to the appropriateness of education and patient care recommendations based on the age of the patient.
• Navigates/facilitates external requests for patient transfers, consults and appointments
• Coordinates transmission of appropriate clinical and non-clinical data to facilitate needed services and/or required pre-authorizations
• Schedules appointments in a manner that meets the patient’s needs. Offers alternatives when appropriate to accommodate the patient.
• Documents complete and accurate information in EMR.
• Communicates with multiple departments, regional facilities and agencies in order to ensure quality care to patients, including but not limited to communications related to facility capabilities, bed availability and assignment, urgent patient-care needs, patient transportation, report to receiving unit, insurance pre-authorization for transfer/admission, providing feedback to multiple customers, obtaining clinic appointments for patients, ensuring transfer of documents and medical records between facilities\
• Identifies and anticipates problems and safety issues and initiates appropriate action. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance.
• Takes responsibility for identification of own professional growth and development needs; meets all system/departmental educational requirements. Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of patient/resident care. Incorporates the 14 forces of Magnetism in transforming the work environments and for enhancing quality of nursing care.
• Performs other duties as assigned or as needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
• Graduate of accredited program of nursing; BSN preferred or specific community health focused nursing education. Associate (or Diploma) RNs hired into this position must commit to completing their Bachelor of Nursing degree within 4 years after their hire date. Billings Clinic will help support the cost through financial assistance.
• 5 years of general nursing experience
• Recent acute care experience preferred
• Previous Call Center/Transfer Center experience preferred
• Excellent verbal skills including a telephone voice and speech pattern that is articulate and has a pleasant tone
• Typing at 35 words per minute with accuracy
• Or an equivalent combination of education and experience relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered
Certifications and Licenses
• Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of Montana at hire
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.