Rocky Mountain Development Council, Inc. Maintenance Tech in Townsend, Montana
Rocky Mountain Development Council, Inc. has an opening for a Maintenance Worker for Homestead Manor and Townsend Housing in Townsend, MT. This is a part-time (15 hours per week) position plus some occasional additional hours as needed. The starting salary for this position is $11.17 per hour.
The Maintenance Worker is responsible for maintaining the Homestead Manor and Townsend Housing properties in a safe, attractive, comfortable condition and assist in other types of maintenance, including maintaining all outdoor areas.
• Must have working knowledge of building maintenance protocol.
• Ability to work independently and willingness to learn new skills.
• Must be able to effectively communicate with tenants and maintain a good working relationship with other staff members, tenants and supervisor as well as any contract laborers working on the property.
• Be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the following tools:
o Hand tools: various wrenches, grips, sledge hammer, hammer, snips, saws, etc.
o Moving aids: wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, buckets, hoists, jacks, ladders.
o Familiarity with electricity, plumbing and carpentry.
o Working knowledge of HVAC systems and various appliances.
• Good safety habits
• Understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal and/or diagram form.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, current vehicle insurance, be insurable on Rocky’s motor vehicle insurance policy, and pass a criminal background check.
Education & Experience:
The knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position are usually acquired through education and experience equivalent to a High School diploma with 1 to 2 years’ maintenance experience. Other combinations of education and experience which could provide these knowledge, skills and abilities will be evaluated on an individual basis.
Application Process: Applicants must submit a signed and completed Rocky Mountain Development Council application, resume and letter of interest. Applications are available from Rocky, and www.rmdc.net. Incomplete application materials will not be processed. Completed application packages must be received by the Rocky Human Resource Office at the above address. This position is open until Filled. Rocky is an EEO employer.