Waste Connections Operations Manager in Victor, Montana
Job TitleOperations ManagerPrimary LocationVictor, MontanaEmployee TypeEmployeeJob Description
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual’s unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Why you need to join us!
• CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
• RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
As a member of our elite Waste Connections Operations leadership team, you will be signing up for a company that is committed to our employees’ long-term career development and success. If you are willing to learn new tasks and challenges, Waste Connections wants you to be part of our Operations team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in growing with the company and with goals of advancing to higher –level management positions.
A Day in the Life of an Operations Manager:
• Assign and supervise work crews operating solid waste collection equipment and transfer station.
• Monitors progress of daily operations, and reassigns employees and makes staffing changes as necessary.
• Partners with District Manager in preparing budget and managing P&L.
• Develops leadership team and sets overall strategy for front line supervisors.
• Conducts field inspections and audits of all site personnel to ensure proper work procedures.
• Receives and reviews customer complaints regarding collection programs.
• Performs reviews and performance management discussions.
• Formulates both short-term and long-term goals and action plans for the Hauling Company and Transfer Station.
• Oversees a variety of complex compliance programs, including environmental, OSHA, and local permitting.
• Helps develop and execute safety goals.
Functions as a ‘Servant Leader’ to employees at the Site.
Other duties as assigned by the District Manager
• Ability to relocate for promotional opportunities based on performance is preferred
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
• 5+ years of managing in a dynamic, people driven environment
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple priorities
• Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel and related business systems
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)