Whitefish Credit Union Head Teller in Whitefish, Montana
Position Title: Head Teller
Organizational Relationships: Reports to Branch Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities: Teller Department staff for assigned branch
General Function: Maintain departmental efficiency through appropriate Teller training, assistance and supervision. Teach / model “Members first” philosophy to / for all Teller staff. Resolve or, when possible, head off problems and conflicts involving Members and Staff. Stay abreast of, and train all Tellers on, all BSA regulations, general NCUA guidelines, fraud-related trends, and Whitefish Credit Union policies and procedures. Report to Branch Manager.
• Supervise and coordinate activities of Tellers to ensure departmental efficiency and accuracy.
• Staff, motivate, supervise and manage all Tellers.
• Simultaneously hold Tellers accountable to their job descriptions and provide the training needed to meet those expectations.
• Assign departmental duties and work schedules to workers to ensure efficient departmental functioning.
• Receive and review monthly Departmental timecards prior to submitting to Branch Manager.
• Consistently go above and beyond typically expected work schedule to accomplish what is needed for the benefit of the Teller Department.
• Serve as a role model for Tellers with regards to effective communication, respect for others, ability to work with others, and dedication to both the Teller Department and the Whitefish Credit Union as a whole.
• Maintain positive and mentoring relationship with all Tellers.
• Implement appropriate Teller suggestions to improve Teller Department processes and procedures.
• Serve as primary liaison between Teller Department and all other Departments.
• Approve invoices for payment or follow deposit withhold procedures.
• Oversee correction of Teller errors as needed, and follow up with appropriate training when a Teller procedure is either being done incorrectly or is not being done.
• Address and resolve Member complaints.
• Examine Tellers’ daily transactions for accuracy.
• Allow Members access to Safe Deposit Boxes, following specified procedures.
• Monitor and review financial institution's security procedures and control access to vault.
• Follow all Whitefish Credit Union, Montana and Federal information privacy guidelines to ensure that all Member information and transactions are kept confidential.
• Ensure departmental adherence to all Federal, NCUA and BSA guidelines and regulations (including, but not limited to, establishing and overseeing all dual controls, and satisfactorily completing quarterly audits).
• Comply with all BSA requirements as stated in the Whitefish BSA Policy.
• Follow all Whitefish Credit Union, Montana and Federal information privacy guidelines.
• Adhere to all Whitefish Credit Union policies and procedures.
• Report to work on time and as scheduled.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Branch Manager and Senior Management.
NOTE: Head Teller duties may vary among Whitefish Credit Union Branches, as determined by individual Branch need.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally, in writing, and over the phone, with Supervisor, President / CEO, Members, Volunteers, Co-workers, and Senior Management Team.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Ability to prioritize work and oversee multiple simultaneous projects.
• Ability and willingness to establish departmental schedules to ensure continuous departmental coverage and break time for all employees.
• Ability and willingness to pursue and obtain additional professional training and/or certifications as needed.
• Ability and willingness to both adhere to Whitefish Credit Union policies and ensure compliance by all department personnel.
• Ability and willingness to work with a variety of office equipment and software systems.
• Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time over the course of an 8-hour day.
Required Education and Experience:
• A.A. or Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
• 2-3 years Teller experience required.
• 1-2 Supervisory experience preferred but not required.
This job description is to be considered a general outline of the duties and responsibilities of this position and is subject to changes and revisions by management at any time. Responsibilities are listed as guidelines only and the job is not necessarily limited to these specifications.