The Lodge at Whitefish Lake HOA Liaison in Whitefish, Montana
Location: Whitefish, MT 5997
Averill Hospitality is seeking a HOA Liaison. This is a full time, year-round position that is be based in Whitefish, Montana.
Most homeowners within the HOAs contract with Averill Hospitality as rental management company, making this a very fast-paced, hospitality-focused community association manager position in a resort environment. The HOA Liaison works closely with the Boards and owners making this a key position for our owners, their families and guests.
Success in this position includes strong financial performance, well-maintained properties and satisfied boards, homeowners, and guests. Building a strong connection with the operations teams and front line employees is a must. A successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate an ability to work through multiple, complex issues with multiple stakeholders simultaneously - sometimes with competing interests and priorities. Candidate must be energized by working in a complex, demanding and dynamic environment
The work environment requires a positive, upbeat, innovative, proactive, and energetic attitude. Successful candidates will be agile learners with a strong desire to learn and grow. If you are a problem solver with a desire to join our team that understands the importance of development, leadership, community, and having fun then you could thrive in this role.
A key role for every Averill Hospitality Team Member is to serve as an ambassador of the company and its properties, positively engaging owners, guests, and the community at every opportunity
• Maintain a positive attitude enjoying the benefits of working in Montana and having fun in a manner that encourages coworkers to do the same.
• Develop and maintain relationships with 4 homeowner associations Board of Directors and owners.
• Facilitate RFP’s and assist with solicitation of competitive bids, evaluate bids and present to board for selection on all major repairs and capital projects.
• Conduct building inspections according to Association Management Agreement, focusing on cleanliness, preventative maintenance, capital projects and owner compliance with rental rules and regulations; maintain inspection documentation and communicate notable findings to association board
• Manage association monthly billing for housekeeping and maintenance.
• Develop and implement new programs to ensure the highest quality of service to all homeowners, boards, guests, and employees.
• Provision of administrative, operational, and managerial advice to association boards
• Assist board members in the selection of contractors and insurance providers
• Task and project tracking, follow through and progress reporting to key stakeholders.
• Building trust and maintaining relationships with homeowners.
• Providing exceptional service to boards, homeowners and guests through reliable and efficient communications and actions. Quickly addressing feedback in a professional and complete manner.
• Coordinating and facilitating executive board meetings, annual members' meetings and special meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Requirements and Core Competencies - • Minimum two years of direct experience in successful community association management/HOA management is required, preferably in a resort setting desired
• Minimum two years’ experience managing employees, specific experience on a team managing supervisors/managers desired
• Proven experience in and passion for service, solving complex challenges and working with a multitude of personalities to accomplish goals.
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills in English. Ability to read, comprehend and write complex correspondence and effectively communicate with guests and homeowners using diplomacy and tact.
• Competency in reading financial reports, ledger detail, budget planning, forecasting and execution - written portion of the interview to assess skill set will be required.
• Desire to provide exceptional guest experiences, a passion for quality, and attention to detail. Respond promptly to guest needs and take ownership of the overall client and guest experience.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to develop relationships, foster cooperation, effectively present information and appropriately respond to questions from clients, co-workers, and the public.
• Possess an attitude that encourages an open, stimulating, and trusting environment that reflects our Company Mission, Brand Promise, and Values.
• Proficient in using computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint and quick learning on others used within the company.
• Creative problem solver with strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of classified information.
• Commitment to ongoing professional development
• Must be alert and quick reasoning, able to interpret and follow instructions and guidelines set by the hotel’s policy and procedures, keep commitments, and complete tasks on time.
• Meet productivity standards and strive to increase the team’s productivity.
• Balance team and individual responsibilities, exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views, welcome feedback, contribute to building a positive team environment and prioritize the success of the team above own interests.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities while remaining focused on detail and accuracy
QUALIFICATION STANDARDS EDUCATION
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent training and work experience required
EXPERIENCE/ LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
• Prior experience in community and/or guest facing/resort environment ideally customer facing desired
• Prior experience working in diverse teams desired
Additional InformationSCHEDULE / HOLIDAYS/ PTO:
The HOA Liaison expected to keep a 5-day-a-week schedule, adjusted as needed according to business demands, and be available in the event of an emergency. A requirement of 40 hours per week is expected, however, it can be more depending on the business needs. Working weekends and holidays may be required at times.
The hospitality business functions seven (7) days a week, twenty-four hours a day. In addition, this is a hospitality business, and a hospitable service atmosphere must be always projected.
The Lodge at Whitefish Lake, part of Averill Hospitality, offers full time, year-round employment, competitive compensation, and a full benefits package including paid holidays, paid time off, insurance, and company discounts in Whitefish, Montana's premier leisure and outdoor activity destination on the shores of Whitefish Lake.
If this sounds of interest to you, we'd love to get to know you!
Averill Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.